Worm Hole | Lonely Journal | Dead Journal | Multiply
your info here:


The Pleiades

Archives August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

At graduation, you wear square-shaped mortar boards. My hope is that from time to time, you will let your minds be bold and wear sombreros! - Paul Freund

One cannot deny the wisdom in that!

I remember how unsure I was as to whether I will continue with Law School and just plain stop and do the things I want to do with my life. I spent the last four years of college just doing things I never imagined to be remotely possible. I played basketball, I studied philosophy, I took up creative writing (as my minor), I auditioned and became culture editor of Sinag, I auditioned and became a staff writer of the Philippine Collegian, I went to rallies, I wrote a column to seek redress of my personal grievances against Arroyo, I voted for Roco, I climbed a mountain, I changed the tires of my car, I became an "assistant coach," I befriended strangers, I went into business, I will hopefully graduate cum laude, I passed UP Law, etc.

The thing is, when you've experienced the world, you find it rather difficult to go back inside, shut the doors, sit down and keep your nose inside the books. That was what I felt before I took the UP LAE three months ago and that's the way I feel now.

Sure, with my passing UP LAE and with just one interview in between me and Law school, I should probably be more excited. I would be if I had anything happy to look forward to there. I know there will be something good waiting for me at the end of my four-year stay in law school but I'm pretty sure that it will be a rough four years before I get there.

I know I want to become a lawyer. I want to go to the province and work for farmers and then buy a farm of my own. It's just that I'm pretty sure that in the next four years, I wouldn't have the chance to let go of myself and wear a sombrero to school.

The Lonely Joker who stares too deeply & too much at 4:39 AM

0 Comments:



I am the lonely joker who stares too deeply and too much.